Mine Environmental Services
- Mine Reclamation and Remediation Planning and Oversight
- Waste Repository Design
- Construction Oversight/Contract Administration
- Abandoned Mine Site Investigation and Assessments
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) Preparers and Administrators
- Mine Reclamation and Remediation
- Hazardous Structure Demolition
- Shaft and Adit Closures
- Waste Consolidation, Grading, and Capping
- Stream Reconstruction
- Repository Construction
- Reclamation Design Implementation
Abandoned and inactive mine and mill sites document a heritage rich in mineral extraction in Montana, Idaho, and surrounding states. These sites also present a variety of challenges, including physical and environmental hazardous mine openings, dangerous highwalls, and dilapidated structures. Environmental hazards include heavy metal impacts to soil, surface water, sediment, and groundwater.
Olympus’ team of engineers, geologists, and field service staff is ideally suited to undertake mine reclamation projects. We provide assessment services for the characterization of mine waste sites and use the characterization data in the preparation of feasibility studies and remedial options for our clients in Montana, Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota, Washington, Oregon, and surrounding states. Our engineers and geologists use the selected remedial option to design the reclamation project, with construction completed by our field services staff or qualified subcontractors.